Monday, March 20, 2017

Book Reivew :: Triangle by Mac Barnett & Jon Klassen

Triangle by Mac Barnett & Jon Klassen


"Multi-award-winning, New York Times best-selling duo Mac Barnett and Jon Klassen conspire again on a slyly funny tale about some very sneaky shapes."

Fans of I Want My Hat Back rejoice!  Another Klassen classic for your collection  ๐Ÿ‘Š  (yes, I do realise how ๐Ÿ‘ that sentence is).  We're big-time fans of Klassen, who has teamed up with Mac Barnett for this hilarious tale.  I haven't encountered Barnett before, but with a string of awards and that collab partner choice, I'm figuring he's an author we need to know about.  We'll be keeping an eye out for him, for sure.

Triangle is everything I wanted it to be.  Beautifully illustrated, as per, with that trademark wry humour we've come to expect from our (I'm gonna call it) favourite children's author.  I love the sneaky shapes.  I love how their sneakiness comes undone.  I love the twisty, surprising humour.  It's funny in a way that's accessible for kids, but really ๐Ÿ‘Œ for adults too.  

This is one beautifully packaged book.  Matte pages, soft corners and a restrained colour palette.  Guys, it's so pretty!  It's pretty hard to say who was more excited when Triangle arrived in our letterbox, the kids, or me ๐Ÿ˜ป.

If you haven't given Klassen a go, I urge you to hunt down some of his books.  Triangle is a great place to start and can be found in stores now.

 Review copy kindly provided by Walker Books Aus.

1 comment:

  1. I am SO in love with Jon Klassen (in a non weird way, and appropriate for a married woman way!) He's so clever.

    ReplyDelete